As you may already know, I am a huge fan of delicious food. Whether you can eat whatever your heart desires or you are on a restrictive diet due to food allergy or intolerance, food should be delicious!
I have made it my mission in life to develop and discover amazing meals and food ingredients to help you eat well while living with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), gluten-free, lactose-free, fructose-free, and low FODMAP.
If you are suffering from gas, bloating, abdominal discomfort, and/or a change in bowel habits, you may have a food intolerance or IBS. By eliminating poorly absorbed and digested foods from your diet you can get to a place of symptom relief and figure out exactly what foods are your symptoms triggers. This is what I do when I work privately with clients – figure out exactly what foods are the problem.
For those of you that are avoiding food, you know how many nasty products are out there on the market! I really push the foods that I have tried and enjoy so that we can still enjoy food despite these restrictions.
Here are my top 5 low FODMAP foods:
- Almond milk – great for smoothies, get your calcium in!
- Vegetables – I start every meal with sauteed fennel, carrots, and celery since I can’t use garlic or very much onion (high FODMAP, sulphurous)
- Fruit – with this group being very restrictive, I always make sure I have frozen strawberries, blueberries and fresh bananas in my house
- Corn pasta – specifically one Italian brand called Le Veneziane that I love, a gluten-free Italian staple! I also have Tinkyada rice pasta for a few more varieties
- Udi’s gluten-free bread & pizza – technically two things, but these are pretty much my only bread products… besides my husbands baking!
Check out my Pinterest board: low FODMAP diet staples for all my product recommendations!